John P. McCrae
I am a lecturer above-the-bar at the Data Science Institute and Insight Centre for Data Analytics at the National University of Ireland Galway and the leader of the Unit for Linguistic Data. I am the coordinator of the Prêt-à-LLODproject and work package leader in the ELEXISinfrastructure. My research interests include the following:
- Ontologies, lexicography and the lexicon-ontology interface
- Collaborative development and publishing of language resources
- Big data and data science
- Linked data and the Semantic Web
- Machine translation and multilingualism
- Machine learning methods for NLP
- Digital Humanities
- Under-resourced languages
I obtained my PhD from the National Institute of Informatics in Tokyo under the supervision of Nigel Collier and until 2015 I was a post-doctoral researcher at the University of Bielefeld in Bielefeld, Germany in Prof. Philipp Cimiano’s group, AG Semantic Computing.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.