UNLP members gave the following invited talks:
- Paul Buitelaar. Topics in Opinion Mining. Invited talk at the 5th International Symposium on Semantic Web Information Systems, organized by the Erasmus Research Institute of Management at the Erasmus University Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Paul Buitelaar. CoreLex: Recap and Related Work. Invited talk at the Computational Linguistics Department, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Mihael Arcan. The Neural Age of Machine Translation. Invited talk at Meet Central Europe 2018, Budapest, Hungary.
- Sapna Negi. Suggestion Mining from Text, Visiting Researcher talk at the ILPS group, University of Amsterdam, March 2018.
- John P. McCrae. Building Multilingual Lexical Resources: the Global WordNet Grid and the ELEXIS infrastructure. Invited talk at MLP-MomentT 2018.
- Sapna Negi. Using Distant Supervision for Representation Learning for Suggestion Detection, selected work for presentation at the Insight Student Conference 2017, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland, September 8th 2107.
- John P. McCrae. Saffron: Topic extraction, expert finding and trend analysis from scientific literature, Invited talk at the Scientometrics Workshop 2017, Portoroz, Slovenia
- Paul Buitelaar and John P. McCrae, Knowledge Extraction with Saffron. Texts Master Class Seminar, University College Cork, April 4th 2017.
- Sapna Negi, Suggestion Mining: Towards an Opinionated Artificial Intelligence‘, national finalist talk at Thesis in 3 contest, November 2016, Dublin (Ireland).
- John P. McCrae, Putting ontologies to work in NLP: The lemon model and its applications, invited talk at Joint Second Workshop on Language and Ontology & Terminology and Knowledge Structures (LangOnto2 + TermiKS), at the 10th edition of the Language Resources and Evaluation Conference, 23rd May 2016, Portorož (Slovenia).
- Mihael Arcan, IRIS: English-Irish Machine Translation System, DCU, April 29th (demo, presentation)
- Housam Ziad, Wait .. Is That Your Demo?, The Insight Centre, December 11th (Link)
- Paul Buitelaar, Knowledge Extraction with Saffron: A Framework and Research Program (invited paper), TIA 2015 Terminology and Artificial Intelligence, Granada, Spain, November 4-6.
- Georgeta Bordea and Paul Buitelaar, Natural Language Processing for Financial Services, Fidelity Investments – Business Intelligence Retreat, Galway, September 2015
- Georgeta Bordea, Semantic Annotation of Financial Regulatory Text, Textual Digital Humanities and Social Sciences Workshop, University of Aberdeen, September 2015
- Mihael Arcan, IRIS – English-Irish Translation System, NUI Galway, June 18th (pdf)
- Georgeta Bordea, Extraction of Structured Knowledge from Text, Spring Research Seminar Series 2015, at the College of Engineering and Informatics, NUI Galway, February 2015
- Bianca Pereira, Making Sense of Text: Bridging the Gap Between Textual Content and Semantic Knowledge Bases, University of São Paulo, São Carlos, Brazil, March 5th.
- Bianca Pereira, Making Sense of Text: Bridging the Gap Between Textual Content and Semantic Knowledge Bases, State University of Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil, March 6th.
- Sapna Negi, Automatic Detection of Subjunctive Mood for Opinion Mining Tasks, Workshop on Models for Modality Annotation, Co-located with IWCS 2015, Queen Mary University, London, United Kingdom, April 14.
- Mihael Arcan, Statistical Machine Translation and Terminology, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia, October 28th
- Mihael Arcan, Statistical Machine Translation and Terminology, 2nd International Translation Technology Terminology Conference (TTT), Bled, Slovenia, October 24th
- Bianca Pereira, Named Entity Recognition and Disambiguation, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, September 29.
- Sapna Negi, Every Aspect Counts: A Combined Approach Towards Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis, Insight Student Conference, UCD, Dublin, September 2014.
- Bianca Pereira, Entity Linking with Multiple Knowledge Bases, Insight Student Conference, UCD, Dublin, September 2014.
- Mihael Arcan, Integration of Terminology into the CAT Environment, Insight Student Conference, UCD, Dublin, September 2014.
- Paul Buitelaar, Computational Linguistics through the Years; with an introduction to ‘Saffron’, Koblenz University Computer Science Alumni, June 2014.
- Georgeta Bordea, Constructing topical hierarchies for Expertise Mining, at the Natural Language and Information Processing Research Group, The Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge, February 2014
- Mihael Arcan, How Machine Translation works, 1st International Translation Technology Terminology Conference (TTT), Zadar, Croatia, October 2013
- Paul Buitelaar, Using Semantic Similarity on Poetic Corpora, Realising the Opportunities of Digital Humanities, Moore Institute, Galway, Ireland, October 2013
- Paul Buitelaar, Towards Extracting Author Networks from Secondary Literature, Realising the Opportunities of Digital Humanities, Moore Institute, Galway, Ireland, October 2013
- Mihael Arcan, Domain-specific terminology extraction for Machine Translation, FBK, Trento, Italy, August 2013
- Mihael Arcan, Experiments in Term Translation, Computational Linguistics dept. of the University of Zurich, Switzerland, January 2013
- Nitish Aggarwal, Cross-Lingual Semantic Search, Ontology Engineering Group (OEG) Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain, September 2012
- Mihael Arcan, Term Translation, invited talk at Saarland University and DFKI, Saarbrücken, Germany, September 2012
- Behrang Qasemizadeh, Relational Tuple Extraction from text and Formalizing Morphosyntax over MULTEXT-East framework, invited talk at the Language and Linguistics Department of Sharif University of Technology, Iran, June 2012
- Paul Buitelaar, Language to Knowledge: Towards an Integrated Framework, invited talk at Xerox Research Centre Europe (XRCE), Grenoble, France, December 2011
- Behrang Qasemizadeh, Towards Technology Structure Mining From Scientific Literatures, invited talk at the Department of Computational Linguistics of the University of Heidelberg, Germany, November 2011
- Georgeta Bordea, Expertise Mining: Extraction of Expertise Topics for Expert Finding, invited talk at Information and Language Processing Systems group of the University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, June 2011
- Paul Buitelaar, Ontology Lexicalisation, invited talk at The Institute for Applied Linguistics (IULA) at Universitat Pompeu Fabra, January 2011, Barcelona, Spain
- Paul Buitelaar, Ontology Lexicalisation, invited talk at The Copenhagen Symposium on Approaches to the Lexicon, December 2010, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Paul Buitelaar, Finding, Linking and Organizing Resources with Linked Data & Natural Language Processing, invited talk at Fondazione Bruno Kessler, November 2010, Trento, Italy
- Paul Buitelaar, CoreLex: Systematic Polysemy, Underspecification and Coercion, invited talk at the Dipartimento Ingegneria e Scienza dell’Informazione, University of Trento, November 2010, Trento, Italy
- Paul Buitelaar, Finding, Linking and Organizing Resources with Linked Data & Natural Language Processing, invited talk at the CATCH project meeting, October 2010, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Tobias Wunner, LexInfo Model and a comparison with the LIR approach, invited talk at the Ontology Engineering Group of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), March 2010, Madrid, Spain
- Paul Buitelaar, Ontologies and the Lexicon: Connecting World and Word Knowledge, invited talk at the School of Computer Science of the University of Manchester, March 2010, Manchester, UK
- Paul Buitelaar, On Man-Machine Interoperability: Integration of Ontologies and Lexicons, invited talk at the Second International Conference on Global Interoperability for Language Resources, January 2010, Hong Kong
- Paul Buitelaar, Expertise Mining from Scientific Literature, invited talk at the Semantic Computing Group, Bielefeld University, December 2009, Bielefeld, Germany
- Paul Buitelaar, Ontologies and the Lexicon: Connecting World and Word Knowledge, invited talk at the Graduate Program “Empirische Sprachverarbeitung” (empirical language processing), Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, December 2009, Munich, Germany
- Paul Buitelaar, Project Acquisition at DERI: The Monnet FP7 Project Proposal, invited talk at the UK Info Day for ICT Call 6, Enterprise Europe Scotland & Enterprise Ireland, November 2009, Edinburgh, UK
- Hammad Afzal, Generating Lexical Information for Terminology in a Bioinformatics Ontology, Presented to the members of gnTEAM and Bergman Lab, November 2009, School of Computer Science, University of Manchester
- Paul Buitelaar, Ontologies and the Lexicon: Connecting World and Word Knowledge, invited talk at the FlareNet project meeting, September 2009, Pisa, Italy
- Paul Buitelaar, Ontologies: Creating Stepping Stones in a Sea of Data, invited talk at the Theseus Symposium ST3, ST5 Joint Session on Applications and Benefits of Ontologies, June 2009, Berlin, Germany
- Paul Buitelaar, invited expert presentation at the Semantic Data Integration Workshop of the LifeWatch project, May 2009, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Paul Buitelaar, Ontology-based Information Extraction with SOBA, invited talk at the Department of Linguistics and Philology, Uppsala University, February 2009, Uppsala, Sweden