I am a Research Associate at Insight, Centre for Data Analytics, National University of Ireland, Galway, working in the Unit for Natural Language Processing (UNLP) under supervision of Dr. Paul Buitelaar.
I have been a researcher and project manager on a number of national and international funded projects:
- on book recommendation (CARS),
- news archive exploration (Smartie – IrishTimes Smart Insight Extractor),
- government tenders opportunity discovery (GOTO),
- aspect-based sentiment analysis (EuroSentiment),
- multimodal and multilingual emotion analysis (MixedEmotions)
as well as the technical manager of the Saffron project.
Previously I was working on the Sindice semantic search engine. In 2011 I was awarded the MSc.Eng. Degree from National University of Ireland, Galway with the topic “Business Process Model Discovery using Semantic Annotations”. In 2006 I received the Engineering Diploma in Computer Science from the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania. My interests are big data, linguistic linked data and semantic technologies.