PhD positions in Natural Language Processing and Linked Data
The Unit for Natural Language Processing  of the Insight Centre for Data Analytics  at the National University of Ireland, Galway , invites applications for two PhD positions in Natural Language Processing and Linked Data. The positions are associated with the SFI funded research program on Text Mining with Linked Data.
Topics of interest include:
– relation extraction and taxonomy extraction
– deep learning of semantic representations
– semantics for multilingual text processing
– emotion and sentiment analysis from text
– linguistic linked data and language research data management
– natural language processing for minority languages
Candidates should preferably have a Masters degree in a relevant field of study with an emphasis on areas such as text mining, natural language processing, computational linguistics, machine learning etc.
Scholarship: Tax free stipend of 18,000 Euros per year (i.e., 1500 Euros per month), in addition to university fees.
Please send your application, including CV and a research proposal of up to two pages (both in PDF only) before the closing date of April 25th, 2016 to Dr. Paul Buitelaar at firstname.lastname@example.org