Monnet – Multilingual Ontologies for Networked Knowledge (funded by EU FP7)
The Monnet project provides a semantics-based solution for accessing information across language barriers. This is of growing importance to both industry and government, as exemplified by the Monnet use cases:
- The SAP-XBRL use case concerns cross-lingual business intelligence on companies and financial services
- The Be Informed use case concerns multilingual access to government services
The goals of the SAP-XBRL use case are:
- To make financial information and business service descriptions available to be searched and queried in the language of choice of the user.
- To enable the creation of reports that present the search and query results in the chosen language.
The goal of the Be Informed use case is:
- To allow people to find their way through a government web site in their preferred language.
The Monnet project was funded by the European Union under FP7 ICT call 4